The Best Method to Lose Weight
The best method to lose weight is to eat fewer calories than you burn. You can find a number of weight loss therapies in the market available to you, but in the long run, what will yield the results you want is burning more calories than you eat.
Studies conducted by the United States Department of Agriculture have shown that people who reduce their calorie intake lose weight. Studies have also shown that the easiest way to control calories is by cutting down the fat you eat. Most people who succeed at losing weight and keeping it off eat a diet with 20-30 percent of their calories from fat.
You need to keep in mind that you don’t follow a diet to lose weight for a certain period of time, a few days, a few weeks or a few months. The changes you make in the way you eat in order to lose weight will have to last for the rest of your life. These changes include:
- Adequate amount of fruit –about 3 pieces or servings per day
- Adequate amount of vegetables – 5 to 7 servings per day. 1 serving is a cup of raw vegetables or half a cup of cooked vegetables.
- Healthy carbohydrates –whole grains
- Low fat dairy products
- Few food items with added sugar
By eating this way you stop weight gain, you lose weight, and you can keep it off.
Do I need to be physically active to lose weight?
Being physically active makes you healthier because all your organs get to exercise too when you do it. Bur being active is particularly helpful for people who want to lose weight, because it burns calories. And we have already said that eating more calories than we use, makes us gain weight. Here is how exercise can help you lose weight.
- You lose 1 pound for every 3,500 calories burned.
- Exercise helps you build muscle. When you have more muscle you have less room for fat.
- If you have diabetes you will benefit from exercise because physical activity lowers blood glucose.
Keep in mind that there is not a magical pill that in a week causes you to lose those unwelcome pounds. The only way to do it is learning how to eat healthy and eating that way the rest of your life. Burning more calories than you eat is the real secret.
To your weight loss success!